Modern Slavery Policy
Modern Slavery Act 2015. The Group has developed this policy as part of our commitment to this and expect every individual to abide by this policy.
The Modern Slavery Act 2015, requires all UK companies with a turnover in excess of £36m to make an annual statement detailing the steps their business is taking to identify and prevent modern slavery within their business and throughout their supply chain.
The Myers Group are committed to protecting workers and eradicating harmful and illegal practices throughout our supply chain. Individuals are expected and encouraged to report concerns in relation to this policy.
Modern slavery is a complex crime that takes a number of different forms including slavery, servitude, forced labour and human trafficking.
- Traffickers and slave drivers coerce, deceive and force individuals against their will into a life of abuse, servitude and inhumane treatment.
- Victims may be forced to work for little or no pay, and have their identification documents withheld to prevent them from leaving.
- Victims are often pressured into debt bondage and are likely to be fearful of those who exploit them.
- Victims will frequently not identify or recognise themselves as being enslaved. It is a crime that is often hidden from plain sight.
- All these factors make it very difficult for modern slavery offences to be identified and for victims of slavery to escape.
The Myers Group has implemented the following steps to ensure compliance to the Modern Slavery Act:
- More stringent vetting of our supply chain (contractors, sub-contractors, policies, contracts etc.).
- Continual review our practices for checking all employees are paid at least the minimum wage and have the right to work.
- We encourage the reporting of concerns and the protection of whistle blowers.
- We will not knowingly support or deal with any business involved in slavery or human trafficking.
- We have zero tolerance to slavery and human trafficking. We expect all those in our supply chain and contractors comply with our values.
To ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and our business, we provide training to relevant members of staff.
Managing Director, Myers Group Ltd